Gateway Vineyard, Norwich is a Charitable Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under Company No. 07165537 Registered Charity No. 113520
1) What Information Do We Hold?
a) Information that you give us when you
- fill in forms on our website, through Church Suite, at Sunday morning services, at groups and at events we run
- contact us by phone, email or letter
- register to use our site
- participate in other social media functions on our site, surveys, and campaigns.
The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, marital status, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and bank details, and photographs
b) Information we collect about you.
When you visit our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect details of visitor behaviour patterns e.g. the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify you as an individual.
c) Information we receive from other sources.
We may also receive information about you from our affiliated churches, other websites that we control, third parties who work closely with us including, for example, partners, payment and delivery services.
d) Sensitive information
If you are a Gateway Vineyard employee or volunteer, we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, references, full employment and educational history, criminal records, marital status, age, gender, date of birth, medical records. We hold sensitive data such as medical information on allergies and information on additional needs for the children in our children’s and youth ministry.
e) Information we collect indirectly
ChurchSuite, the app we use, allows us to track overall trends of participation e.g. in life groups, which enables us to manage the church, and assists with planning and pastoral care.
2) How Will We Use Your Information?
a) To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
b) To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
c) As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
d) If you sign up for electronic communications we will use your information to send you news and information about Gateway Vineyard Norwich, the wider movement and Vineyard affiliated organisations.
e) To maintain accurate and up to date financial information e.g. giving records, Gift Aid information and to manage reimbursement of volunteers’ expenses.
f) To maintain accurate and up to date records of our employees, volunteers, church members, life group members and those who use our services.
g) To run Disclosure and Barring Service checks on employees and volunteers in accordance with our safeguarding and employment policies.
3) Where Do We Store Your Personal Data?
a) We are committed to holding your personal information securely. Only Gateway Vineyard Norwich staff and authorised volunteers who need to see the data can access it.
b) We may store your information on computers, on the cloud, in paper form, or both.
c) All computers and devices that store any personal data are password protected.
d) All Gateway Vineyard computers and similar devices that contain confidential information are encrypted.
e) Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in locked cupboards and filing cabinets.
g) Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site or app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4) What Is Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data?
a) Our legal basis for processing personal data is different depending upon the purpose it was collected for. The following list covers the main types of data that we hold, for a full list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data collected for Gateway Vineyard Norwich news, event and fundraising mailing and marketing lists is held on consent (unless otherwise stated).
- Data collected through our booking systems for the events, groups and courses that we run is held for our legitimate interests or because of a contractual obligation to do so.
- Employee, volunteer, church and life group member data records including sensitive data are processed to comply with legal and contractual obligations and legitimate interests as a community church organisation.
- Where we choose to hold data on consent we will let you know and ask you to agree to this when your data is collected. We will also inform you how you can withdraw your consent if you wish to do so.
5) How Long Do We Hold Your Data?
a) The length of time that we will retain your data will vary depending upon the purpose for which it is processed.
b) Data that is held by us on consent is only kept for as long as we have your consent to process that data.
c) For a full list of our data retention periods you can contact us at email@example.com
6) Your Rights
a) You have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioners Office website https://ico.org.uk/.
b) Your rights include the right to:
- Request access to the data we hold about you,
- Have inaccurate and incomplete data corrected,
- Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law),
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
c) Data that is held on consent will only be processed as long as we have your consent. To withdraw your consent, you can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Other Websites
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to our site;
- To measure our website traffic and analyse how our website works. This will allow us to make changes to our website in the future and make it easier to use;
b) You can set your browser to accept or decline cookies. Please note that if you disable all cookies then you may not be able to access some parts of our website.
or write to us at:
Gateway Vineyard Norwich
Trowse Sports Hall